Dog Ate Chocolate Chip Muffin

Dog Ate Chocolate Chip Muffin – What To Do Next!

If the dog ate chocolate chip muffins at home, it’s essential to take action right away. The average dog can’t eat more than 0.5 grams of milk chocolate before it does damage to their digestive system. As a result, this is a matter of great urgency, especially with smaller breeds.

If you don’t act quickly, it’s possible for the dog to develop a long list of symptoms.

These symptoms can include:

  • Laziness/Fatigue
  • Throwing Up
  • Nausea

Don’t assume the dog is going to get better on its own. This is rarely the case and the milk chocolate is going to continue to worsen the symptoms as time goes on.

Be alert and proactive with your decision-making as a dog owner. If the dog ate chocolate chip muffins, it’s best to act right now and see a vet.

Here are a few tips to think about if your dog ate chocolate chip muffins when you weren’t looking. These tips are going to make it easier for you to come up with a plan of action moving forward.

Best Treats for Dogs (EDITOR’S CHOICE)

Milk-Bone MaroSnacks Dog Treats for Dogs of All Sizes, 40...
  • Contains 1 - 40 Ounce Canister of Dog Treats for Dogs of All Sizes
  • Wholesome, delicious treats that you can feel good about giving
  • Tasty and nutritious with real bone marrow

Last update on 2020-09-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API

Tips to Follow If Dog Ate Chocolate Chip Muffin

Tip #1 – Visit a Vet

The main priority with a situation such as this is to rush to the vet.

You will want a seasoned specialist to take a look at the dog’s digestive system and overall health. They are going to have years of experience in handling these issues and will know what is going on with your dog.

In many cases, dog owners will wait until the symptoms show up and that’s not the right approach to take. Instead, if your dog ate chocolate chip muffins and you are aware of it, the goal should be to go to the vet’s clinic right away.

The benefits include:

  • Immediate Assessment of Symptoms
  • Specialized and Customized Treatment Options
  • Fast Recovery
  • Peace of Mind

Delaying things is not an option and it is something that may lead to the symptoms worsening.

With a situation such as this, time is of the essence, so going to the vet is never a bad option. It is going to allow you to rest easy knowing the vet is going to take a proper look at the dog’s digestive system.

Plus, the vet is also going to shed light on what needs to be done in the coming days as the chocolate is flushed out of the system. It’s important to have this advice in hand.

Dog Ate Chocolate Chip Muffin

Tip #2 – Give Your Dog Treats to Eat

Does your dog have an alternative that it can eat?

There are several options that are dog-friendly and won’t do a number on their digestive system. These are snacks that you should be investing in as soon as possible.

When the dog has different snacks to eat, it is not going to start veering towards things such as chocolate chip muffins!

Plus, a lot of dog owners continue to cycle through the same dog foods and that can make the dog impatient and/or bored.

To avoid creating this type of feeling, you will want to slip in a few dog snacks and/or treats along the way. These treats can get the job done in keeping your dog happy.

Dog treats are never a bad idea and can add value to a dog’s life without them having to rush towards chocolate chip muffins all the time.

If your dog ate chocolate chip muffins, you are already going to realize they have a sweet tooth.

They are going to want to find these treats and eat them. However, it is not good for their digestive system and by the time they realize this, the symptoms are going to show up aggressively.

As a result, it is smart to invest in quality dog treats and give them to your dog regularly.

In many cases, these dog treats can be healthy for your dog too!

Tip #3 – Invest in a Chew Bone

Do you have a quality chew bone at home for your dog?

Chew bones are great for several reasons and can be a great alternative when the dog wants to chew on something. It can become a way for them to take their attention away from chocolate chip muffins and/or anything else that is sitting around.

When you do use a chew bone for dogs at home, make sure to train them as well.

You want there to be a pattern between using the chew bone and not eating desserts and/or snacks that are lying around in the kitchen and/or dining room.

With time, your dog is going to begin to understand these patterns, especially if you are persistent. If your dog ate chocolate chip muffins, it is an essential investment that should be made right away.

Chew bones are affordable, easy to use, and are going to bring joy to your dog’s life. Plus, it has a long list of dental benefits that are never a bad thing!

Start here and make sure you are going with something that’s effective, safe, and in tune with what a dog requires.

Dog Ate Chocolate Chip Muffin

Tip #4 – Monitor Your Dog’s Health

If your dog ate chocolate chip muffins, you will have to monitor the dog’s health.

It’s common to rush to the vet as soon as this happens and that is a good move. However, you are still going to need to keep your eyes open in the coming weeks.

In some cases, a dog’s symptoms start to show up after a few days as the chocolate is digested. You will want to make sure the symptoms don’t get to the point where the dog has permanent damage to deal with.

The vet is also going to let you know more on what to do in situations such as these and it’s best to listen to what they are suggesting for your dog.

The reasons include:

  • Proactively Looking for Symptoms
  • Keeping Tabs on the Dog’s Energy Levels
  • Making Immediate Changes to the Dog’s Diet

If you don’t take the opportunity to pay attention to your dog’s health, it may get to the point where your dog doesn’t want to get up or can’t move.

It’s best to focus on your dog’s health and continue to train them on what to eat and what not to eat. With younger dogs, this can be a problem but you have to persist until they learn!

This is the only way to feel safe having food out at home.

Final Thoughts

If your dog dog ate chocolate chip muffins, it’s not a time to panic.

Instead, you have to stay patient and look towards working on the dog’s treatment process. The milk chocolate in the muffins can do quite a bit of damage and it’s important to get on top of this as soon as you can.

The best course of action is to visit your vet for a detailed diagnosis on how the dog is doing. Sometimes, the dog will be okay, but in other situations the symptoms will add up!

It’s in your best interest to make sure to get the specialist to take a look at your dog.

In a situation such as this where your dog ate chocolate chip muffins, it is essential to implement a set of steps that are going to improve its recovery phase. It’s also important to start training your dog not to eat items such as these lying around the house.

For more on training your dog and making the dog’s life better, here are a few articles that are a must-read – quality multivitamins for your dog at home, the right way to potty train a puppy, how to help an aging dog at home, and great slow feed dog bowl for your dog.