My dog ate plastic cheese wrappers!
It’s a worrying sign when this happens, especially when you are unaware of what the dog was putting in its mouth beforehand.
If your dog ate plastic cheese wrappers, it’s recommended to focus on the dog’s condition. In general, plastic is horrible for the dog’s digestive system and can lead to a number of concerning symptoms that can impede it’s overall well-being.
These signs can include:
- Unwilling to Move
It is in your best interest to start finding a proper solution to remedy the problem.
If your dog has consumed plastic, it’s essential to take action right away. Otherwise, the plastic is going to go through the system and do quite a bit of damage especially if multiple wrappers were consumed.
Here is a look at what you should do if your dog ate plastic cheese wrappers at home. This guide will shed light on what works and what doesn’t.
Table of Contents
Best Dog Treats to Calm Dogs (EDITOR’S CHOICE)
- Zuke’s Mini Naturals Soft Dog Treats for Training, Soft and Chewy Dog Training Treats with Chicken Recipe
- With only 2 calories per treat, Zuke's chicken dog treats are the perfect healthy dog treats for training your dog
- Real chicken is the first ingredient in these soft chewy dog treats for large dogs, medium dogs, and small dogs
Last update on 2023-12-06 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API
Tips to Follow If Your Dog Ate Plastic Cheese Wrapper
Tip #1 – Stop Feeding the Dog
Your first responsibility is to stop feeding the dog.
If your dog ate plastic cheese wrappers, this means dangerous materials have entered the digestive system. From this point forward, you are not going to want the dog to eat anything else.
The benefits include:
- Stops Adding to the Dog’s Digestive System
- Allows the Body an Opportunity to Recover
- Eases the Dog’s Pain
When a dog eats something else, it is going to create an unwanted effect inside the digestive system. This will vary depending on what is consumed and that is a risk you don’t want to take.
As a dog owner, keep it safe and make sure to cut off what the dog is eating and go to the vet.
Tip #2 – Visit a Vet
This is the most important detail to keep in mind because only a vet will know what’s happening inside the dog’s digestive system.
You will want to allow the vet an opportunity to inspect the dog’s health and make sure everything is fine.
This is going to provide peace of mind and will also allow you to better understand what the recovery phase is going to look like.
Don’t assume traditional remedies will work because each situation is unique depending on how the plastic is digested.
Tip #3 – Increase Water Intake
If your dog ate plastic cheese wrappers, you will want to think about increasing the amount of water that’s flushing through the digestive system.
At first, you are going to want to get to the vet and that has to be a top priority.
However, once the plastic is checked and is passing through the digestive system, it’s time to increase the amount of water your dog is drinking.
This water is going to go a long way in allowing the bad toxins to flush through the system before they do a tremendous amount of damage.
Focus on this and make sure your dog’s water intake increases twofold during this period.
Tip #4 – Use Calming Dog Treats
Calming dog treats are a good solution to keep in mind if your dog ate plastic cheese wrappers.
There is going to be a recovery phase after the vet has checked your dog. This means you are going to have to tweak their dietary intake and make sure they are staying as relaxed as possible.
Digestive issues can cause a tremendous amount of anxiety in dogs, which makes it important to use solutions such as calming dog treats.
The benefits include:
- Eases the Dog’s Nerves
- Improves the Dog’s Digestive System
- Easy to Give to Your Dog
Calming dog treats are easy to use and are going to offer amazing value over the short and long-term.
Keep these on hand and make sure your dog gets to chew away throughout the day. This is going to help ease the dog’s nerves while it continues to get better.
Doing this is going to expedite the recovery phase and allow the dog to get back to its daily routine again.
If your dog ate plastic cheese wrappers, it’s imperative to follow the tips highlighted above.
There is nothing worse than a dog eating considerable amounts of plastic because it can do quite a bit of harm. This can include harming the digestive system, excessive vomiting, fatigue, and more.
The symptoms are limitless depending on how the plastic is digested by the dog once it has been eaten.
Take the time to focus on your dog’s health and make sure the right approach is taken moving forward. This is the only way to ensure your dog doesn’t end up dealing with unwanted digestive symptoms because you weren’t quick enough to act!
Here is more on what you should do for your dog – helping a dog that eats poop, understanding why your dog ate a chocolate chip muffin, how to help a dog drink water properly, and finding the right multivitamin for your dog.